What’s the difference between coaching, consulting, training, and therapy?
- A consultant is usually an expert in a specific industry, who will give you answers to all your questions, and may even implement strategies and programs for you.
- A coach will ask probing questions to bring out your unique abilities, help you create a vision and plan for the future, and will stay with you while you implement changes.
- A coach holds you accountable for what you say you’ll do, gives you a push to do more than you would do on your own, and helps you overcome limiting beliefs that are holding you back from success.
- A trainer is someone who teaches you a new process or set of skills.
- A therapist or counselor is a healer who can help you heal from experiences or illnesses that prevent you from accepting yourself and moving forward.
If I work with you, how often do we meet?
I coach my clients via virtual calls 2-3 times per month. Clients usually have a recurring appointment, although I try to remain flexible.
What is included in coaching?
Here’s how it works: we start with an in-depth inquiry to understand the core issues and identify best ways to move towards the desired state.
Moving on by envisioning what you wish, I encourage and inspire you as you align your actions to attain your goals.
Finally, by creating a plan of action and execution, I support you as you’re able to achieve what you want.
Is it important to hire a certified coach?
Yes. If your coach is either certified by the International Coach Federation (ICF) or is working towards certification, that means you will get a coach who has attended a certified coaching educational institution and that your coach follows a strict set of ethics and best practices.
The ICF is an independent organization that certifies coaches. There are many people calling themselves a coach today who have had no formal training.
As a member of the ICF, I maintain strict confidentiality for all your business and personal information and follow a strict set of ethics. I do not talk about my clients.
What are the benefits of coaching? What results will I get?
The results are often dependent upon you and your determination to not only follow the coaching program and my recommendations, but to also decide that nothing will stop you from getting the results you desire.
You will accomplish more than you would on your own.
- You will achieve your goals more quickly.
- You will have a collaboration partner that doesn’t share in your profits.
- You’ll learn strategies to draw business directly to you.
Good Executive and Leadership coaches are hard to find. GREAT coaches are nearly impossible. Kathleen is one of the rare breed of focused, relevant, action and results-oriented executive coaches that makes a huge difference personally and for the entire leadership team.
– John Robison, CTO
Read more testimonials from happy clients.
How much does coaching cost?
Investing in coaching is an investment in you and your organization. Coaching and training fees are based on services required and may vary depending on the assignment. Please contact me for more information: email@example.com.
When working with companies, I provide a Personal Services Agreement and a Statement of Work. For individuals, I provide a contract.
Pathfinders Coaching was founded and legally incorporated in 1998.